1 lb beef, thinly
sliced and pounded to paper thin
1 bunch scallion
12 string beans
1 Table spoon vegetable oil
2 Table spoon soy sauce
2 Table spoon mirin
1 Table spoon sake (optional)
- Spread beef in one layer and season with salt and peppe.
- Cut carrot to 1/3 inch square and 2 to 3 inches long or the same length as the width of beef. Blanch carrot.
- Grill scallions and cut into 2 to 3 inches long or the same length as the width of beef.
- Clean beans and blanch. Cut beans into 2 to 3 inches or the same length as the width of beef.
- Mix soy sauce, mirin and sake in a small bowl.
- Lay beef on the cutting boad and lightly sprinkle flours, and then place vegetables on the beef and roll. Close with tooth picks.
- In a medium saute pan, heat oil and sear the beef rolls. Add a half of soy sauce mixture and cook for 1 minute. Finish sauteing with remaining soy sauce mixture. For thicker sauce, mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch into say sauce mixture before adding to the saute pan.